Tuesday, August 2, 2011

a childhood experience at 24 :)






last night after working a 13 hour day i got to walk a dog for the very first time, around downtown and millennium park. HEHE ^_^ my experiences with furry creatures are limited due to my mom's aversion to mess/potential for mess/feeding non-humans/poo. i have vague memories of having a puppy around during one of my childhood summers in korea and a few days with another when I was maybe 5-6, and then a few months ago when i was in session with a client she requested that we do therapy while walking her dog. i was allowed to hold her leash for a few minutes while my client adjusted her things and i got so excited that i texted all of my close friends and told them i was walking a dog for the first time. but that was actually kind of a lie...i just held the leash =\

as i was walking justin i felt pressure to make sure he conformed to socially acceptable behavior. i was also scared to cross streets with him. it kind of made me realize what it would be like to be out with a toddler. it's scary to have a little ball of life depend on you when the world of potential danger is not confined to a kimchi jar. also, i have a newfound appreciation for the asian custom of removing one's shoes when entering the home. dogs pee everywhere and it's really gross. it's pee.

i don't think i'll be getting a dog any time soon. i would have to think really really hard about the responsibilities that come with one, and i too have an aversion to mess/potential for mess/feeding non-humans/poo. but if you are in need of a dog walker, please let me know! i would be very careful and attentive and loving ^_^

it was so nice to walk out of my office at 9p and see this cute little guy waiting for me. thank you sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment