Wednesday, October 5, 2011

hello world

in one week i will be leaving for a month of travels throughout korea, vietnam, and china.

eek!

it is a very last minute, unexpected trip. i am more excited than i have been in a long, long time. in my mind's eye i see myself sitting in the corner of a little cafe in da nang, staring out the window as sheets of rain pour down. journaling, of course, over vietnamese coffee. watching the sun rise every morning, gazing up at stars at night- something i haven't been able to do in so long, and something that never fails to fill me with the greatest sense of peace and wonder. soaking in the little joys and losing myself in the worlds of strangers.

i'm approaching this trip as a time of quiet reflection and the opportunity to rejuvenate + re-center myself far, far away from the lovely but loud chaos of my life. to catch up with friends and family, revel in god's creative powers, see + experience things i never could at home.

boy am i BLESSED :) don't think i don't know it, 'cause i most certainly do.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to share the ways in which I see and love Vietnam with you :)

    ReplyDelete