Friday, December 27, 2013

smiling to myself


today is friday !
the weather is wonderful, a sunny 30 degrees- without the cutting chicago wind, it feels absolutely balmy. i smiled as soon as i stepped outside and the rays hit my face, my boots crunching down on the last remnants of snow in the alley.
i snagged a prime window seat on a practically empty train into work. i love staring out into the world as we weave in and out and around.
and, a starbucks giftcard allowed a rare morning indulgence, a venti (that's right!) iced chai latte, gone in an hour. mm. 

tonight will be full of snuggles and comfort food w/ him.
tomorrow, an overdue catch up with one of my dearest friends.
sunday, a date day with myself. i will be racing home as soon as church is over and whiling the day away in the pleasure of my own company. i hauled a ton of goodies from lush's boxing day sale, and i can't wait to take a looong bath, try a new face mask, and do my nails. i also plan on scrubbing down my apartment from top to bottom; scribbling away furiously in my journal to fill its last pages before 2014; and advancing to the next level of sonic on my DS. please do not disturb.

enjoy a beautiful weekend. i hope you relish small and big moments of peace, joy, and contentment all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment