Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the highlight of my evening

recently i've been super bugged out by little fruit flies/gnats zooming around my apartment. and into my face. i luckily did not have too many, but still they're tricky to catch and gross me out. i finally decided that it was time to take action, so last night i set up a nifty little trap per google's instructions:

1. fill a cup or bowl with about 1.5 cups of apple cider vinegar
2. add a couple drops of dish soap (i found it works best if you can get it sudsy and have a layer of bubbles on top)

and voila! 

i may have been a bit too excited- i peeked at my bowl a couple times and scared away a few fruit flies that were warily resting on its edge. when i checked this morning there were about 10 of the little buggers floating on the surface. i'm not sure why it gave me such pleasure to see them like that...but it did. oh, it did. i was also slightly horrified because this whole time i thought it had been the same 2 or 3 flies stalking me but that didn't turn out to be the case.

i'm going to set the trap out again tonight and have myself a rockin' new year's eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment